SAMPLE PAGE

Sunday 9 December 2012

Meet Spain's Classiest Diva - Yurena


Who is this heavenly creature? Seriously, I need to know everything! I can't even work out if Yurena is a man or a woman. All I can tell from my hours minutes of research is that s/he is really old, loves plastic surgery and recently posed nude for a magazine. To be honest, that's enough for me. This bitch is clearly Spain's classiest export since Las Ketchup and until Soraya does more with her life than beg fans for money on Twitter, s/he is my new favourite Spanish diva.

Call me crazy but I think "Go" is a really good song - if you overlook Yurena's bad pronunciation and robotic vocals. And even with those disadvantages, it's still better than anything on MDNA. I like the icy production and find the lyrics oddly pretty for such a trash anthem. Of course, it helps to hear the song without looking at the video (below). Which is basically a four minute glimpse into hell. There is terrifying choreography, creepy old gays and a singer who looks like a half-melted wax statue of Audrey Hepburn. It makes me feel violated in so many ways but I can't stop looking.

Now tell me all there is to know about the pop legend that is Yurena!

0 comments:

Post a Comment