SAMPLE PAGE

Sunday 9 December 2012

Leona Lewis In Good Song Shocker


I don't have a lot of time for Leona Lewis. She is a gifted vocalist but her complete and utter lack of charisma makes her a terrible pop star. Apart from curing insomnia and making bookish girls feel better about themselves, the X Factor winner has struggled to carve out her own niche. There was a time when I thought she might turn it around - "Collide" is an amazing dance record - but Glassheart turned out to be more of the same rubbish - albeit with a couple of exceptions. As I mentioned in my review, the title track is a triumph and "Lovebird" is the closest Leona will ever get to recapturing her "Bleeding Love" glory.

Penned by Bonnie McKee and Dr. Luke, "Lovebird" is one of the prettiest mid-tempo ballads you will hear in 2012. This is an example of playing to Leona's strengths (ie. her voice) without aging her 20 years with tired production. I love the soaring chorus and stupid, metaphor-stretching lyrics. It will be interesting to see how this does on the charts. A couple of years ago, "Lovebird" would have been massive but Leona is pretty much obsolete now - so who knows? The video (below) is an even cheaper version of Kylie's "I Believe In You", so I don't know - or care - if that will help or hinder her.

Get ready to power grab for your life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment