SAMPLE PAGE

Tuesday 5 February 2013

MS MR & Pretty Glitter Vomit


Last night I went to see MS MR at the Oxford Art Factory and was only mildly excited. I had seen the much-hyped New York duo on all the trendy blogs and heard a couple of songs on JJJ but thought they occupied the same space - musically, at least - as a dozen other indie-pop acts. It turns out that I have no idea what I'm talking about. By the end of the set, Lizzy and Max had completely won me over. They walk the line between uber-cool shoegazing synth-nonsense and perfectly-crafted pop with devastating skill. And Lizzy is a complete fucking goddess. Not only can this bitch rock blue hair and green Lycra but her vocals rival Florence in the power stakes.

During the show they mentioned their new clip had just debuted and encouraged us to check it out. I didn't have to be asked twice. "Fantasy" is a beautifully gloomy affair that demonstrates MS MR's uncanny knack for creating atmosphere. It's dark and sexy and very, very catchy. The video (below) is an odd affair. It starts off inauspiciously enough with Lizzy sitting in a cafe looking all edgy but then things get really weird with cheerleaders puking pretty glitter vomit and a gang of old ladies. I love it and can't wait for their debut album to drop on May 13. Get on board now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment