SAMPLE PAGE

Sunday 18 November 2012

Queen Thalía Is Back To Reclaim Her Throne


Paulina Rubio is huddled in a ball somewhere in Mexico City, crying bitter tears of sadness and frustration. The poor bitch spent all that money recording an album with RedOne, while her nemesis Thalía releases a random ballad produced by a nobody and effortlessly snatches her wig. Don't worry, Pau. You're still big in Chueca! I have to admit that Thalía isn't my favourite Mexican diva. I worshiped her English language album - particularly "I Want You", which was a reasonably big hit in Australia - but her transformation into the Mexican Celine Dion left me cold. It's funny then that I absolutely love "Manías".

Maybe I'm just in the mood for a soppy ballad but the 41-year-old's latest single has been ruling my iPod for weeks. Thalía sounds lovelier than ever, the production is classy and that chorus will have you air grabbing like a drag queen at a Whitney tribute. The video, on the other hand, is a complete mess. All we get is a glimpse of the superstar in the recording studio wearing a sweatshirt and cap. What the fuck? Even Fey can afford special effects! And those clothes. Is she a lesbian now? Whatever. "Manías" is amazing and we will all just deal with the shit visual (below). Welcome back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment